How To Make Weed Tea With Stems
If you’ve ever grown your own weed, you’ve probably found yourself with a bunch of leftover stems and no idea what to do with them. You could make a batch of cannabutter with some of your stems, but another option is to make weed stem tea, a quick and easy way to use them up and make something tasty.
Weed stem tea can be made a couple of different ways depending on the effects you want to achieve, which can either be mildly psychoactive or just flavored like the cannabis plant.
The easiest method for weed stem tea is to simply grind up the stems and use them in place of any loose leaf tea. Just boil the water and add your stems using a metal tea ball or reusable tea bag, giving them several minutes to steep before straining and cooling. You can do this with just stems, or you can add other loose leaf tea like peppermint, black tea, or green tea for extra flavor. Once your tea has cooled, you can add creamer, cinnamon, or sugar to taste. This type of weed stem tea will not be psychoactive as cannabinoids like THC are fat soluble and not water soluble, but it still makes a tasty cup of herbal tea.
If a simple steeped stem tea is not what you’re looking for, you can use a slightly different method with a fat-based milk, which will extract some cannabinoids and flavonoids and can be added to any cup of hot tea.
- ¼ cup cannabis stems (more or less depending on your desired potency)
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups water
- Loose leaf tea (we recommend a black or chai tea that goes well with milk)
- Grind the stems with a coffee grinder to increase the surface area and extract more cannabinoids.
- Add the half and half to a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Add the ground stems to the milk and boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring often to avoid over-boiling or burning.
- Strain the milk and herb mixture into a cup using a coffee or tea filter until you have about a half cup of liquid.
- It might take a couple minutes for all the liquid to make it through the filter, so be patient.
- Brew 3 cups of your favorite tea to mix with the milk mixture, ideally a black tea like chai that tastes nice with milk. To further mask the potent milk mixture, double the amount of tea leaves you’d normally brew.
- Combine ¼ cup of your half and half mixture with some tea in a large mug and sweeten with raw honey or sugar as needed. Enjoy!
How To Make Cannabis Tea With Flowers
Cannabis tea can also be made using the flowers that are dried and ground up to smoke. This will be much more potent and psychoactive than tea made with stems, as the butter used will extract more THC and other cannabinoids.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ gram ground cannabis flowers
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 ½ cups water
- Honey, to taste
- Metal tea ball or reusable tea bag
- Combine your buds and butter and place the mixture in the tea ball or bag.
- Add the water to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer on medium-high heat, avoiding a full boil.
- Simmer the tea bag in the water for 25-30 minutes, watching the heat closely and reducing it if the water starts to boil. Add more water if it gets low to keep it from going dry.
- For tea that does not taste like pure cannabis, drop in a green or black tea bag of your choice during the last 3 minutes of simmering.
- Remove the mixture from heat, remove the bag, and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add honey or sugar to taste. Be sure to sip slowly and remember that the effects can take as long as an hour to kick in.
The potency of your weed tea made with flowers will depend on the quality of bud you use, the amount in each cup, your tolerance level and experience with cannabis, and various other factors.
G Pen Elite II Review – All You Need To Know
Power the Elite II on by pressing down the device’s power button, which is an “o” symbol. Hold down on it for four seconds to turn it on and hold down on it for two seconds to power off.
To access the settings on the device, power it on and then click the power button five times quickly. You can then use the (+) or (-) buttons to highlight settings. For example, one of the settings you can change is the temperature to read in Fahrenheit and Celsius. After highlighting what you need in the menu, click the power button again to enter.
You can also access and adjust things like the session timer, convection boost, haptic feedback and the brightness of the screen through the settings menu on the device.
To start heating your ground material, press the power button twice. The temperature should reflect that it is getting warmer on the display. Once it is at the temperature it was set for, the Elite II will vibrate twice and this will be the notification that it is ready for you to use.
Lion’s Mane Strain – All You Need To Know
This hybrid marijuana is considered indica-dominant and carries a dominant terpene of Myrcene. This strain that was named after a certain type of fungus, is an ideal strain to get the creative juices flowing as many feel a euphoric response to the flower.
When used for medical purposes, it is chosen by patients to relieve moments of low energy and feeling down.
The Gravity Bong Wiz Khalifa Uses
The chances of actually sitting down and smoking with rapper Wiz Khalifa are slim to none but what you can do is smoke like Wiz. Right now, one of the hottest commodities is the Stündenglass Gravity Hookah V2 and that might be due to Wiz’s love for it too. But we can’t give all the […]
- smoking1 year ago
A look inside Jim Belushi's 93-acre cannabis farm in Southern Oregon
- benefits of thcv1 year ago
BREAKING: MASSIVE FOOD SHORTAGE ACROSS THE USA – GOVERNMENT WARNING ON CROP LOSS AND WATER SHORTAGE
- Cannabinoids12 months ago
Legal Loophole? Everyone is Buying Legal Delta 9 THC Gummies Online…
- Deals11 months ago
Have You Tried The New High-Potency THCP Vape Cartridges?
- CBD11 months ago
North Carolina Medical Marijuana Legalization Bill Approved by Senators in Committee
- food1 year ago
Cannabis Infused MCT Oil Tincture FOR HIGH THC EDIBLES
- Cannabinoids1 year ago
What Is HHC (Hexahydrocannabinol) and Is It Safe To Use?
- CBD1 year ago
Federal Cannabis Legalization Will Happen Before 2022, According to Rohrabacher
- Education1 year ago
6 milestones in the CBD industry
- smoking12 months ago
THESE CARDANO PROJECTS WILL 100X IN 2021 🚀 (Get In ASAP)